The fast and flexible communication library
Conventional PLCs are often the standard solution for automation requirements. For control systems with an increased computing time or large data collectives, PCs and server are the first choice. The connection of both systems is ACCON-AGLink’s mission. The communication library ACCON-AGLink arranges for a smooth data exchange between PC and PLC. For this reason, manually created PC programs can simply access to a wide range of PLCs.
The existing software variety is a challenge for a networked workflow in automation and controlling engineering. Automation applications as controlling, monitoring, visualizing and filing are not possible before accessing to the PLCs’ process data. For this purpose, the applications need to speak the same »language« as the PLCs – meaning mastering their protocols. This is exactly the communication ACCON-AGLink has been developed and optimized for. No matter if you access to the several data areas (D, I, Q, M, T, C, P), readout the diagnostic puffer of an S7-PLC or if you want to synchronize the PLC time with the PC time, ACCON-AGLink provides you with the appropriate prepared functions. For the further simplification, ACCON-AGLink contains a lot of conversion functions to turn PLC data types into PC data types.
Perfect fields of application
ACCON-AGLink is independent from the applied PLC-hardware: No matter which PLC-hardware you want to access to, with ACCON-AGLink you don’t have to care about the details. Therewith, you are even able to access to a vintage S5 or a new S7-1200 without any changes in your source code respectively in your application. With ACCON-AGLink, the access to the following PLCs are open to you:
- S7-200, S7-1200, S7-1500, S7-300, S7-400, S7-400H
- S7-300/400-compatible PLC, e.g. Vipa, Saia, Berthel
- LOGO! 0BA7, LOGO! 0BA8
- SINUMERIK 840D
- MicroMaster and SINAMICS
- Devices with 3964/3964R protocol
- Devices with RK512 protocol
- Devices with RFC1006 protocol
Additionally, ACCON-AGLink is independent from the used communication channel: The different controller generations and PLC types are supporting the different communication channels – ACCON-AGLink as well. The following communication channels are at your disposal:
- S7-TCP/IP for S7 via 243-1, 343-1, 443-1, PN- and IE-CPUs (even S7-1200)
- MPI via ACCON-MPI-Adaptor USB, ACCON-MPI-Adaptor RS-232, ACCON-MPI/TS-Adaptor, ACCON-NetLink-PRO compact, ACCON-NetLink-PRO, ACCON-NetLink-WLAN, ACCON-NetLink-USB compact, ACCON-NetLink-USB, ACCON-NetLink-S7, Siemens-PROFIBUS-CP, PROFIBUS-Cards from Softing and Hilscher
- PROFIBUS via ACCON-NetLink-PRO compact, ACCON-NetLink-PRO, ACCON-NetLink-WLAN, ACCON-NetLink-USB compact, ACCON-NetLink-USB, ACCON-NetLink-S7, Siemens-PROFIBUS-CP, PROFIBUS-cards from Softing and Hilscher
- PPI via ACCON-PPI-Cable, ACCON-NetLink-PRO compact, ACCON-NetLink-PRO, ACCON-NetLink-WLAN, ACCON-NetLink-USB compact, ACCON-NetLink-USB, ACCON-NetLink-S7, Siemens-PROFIBUS-CP, PROFIBUS-cards from Softing and Hilscher
- TeleService via modem to ACCON-MPI/TS-Adapter, ACCON-MPI-Modem, ACCON-MPI/PROFIBUS-Modem, Alarm Modem
- S5-TCP/IP for S5 via CP 1430 TCP, Inat S5-TCP/IP 100, Vipa CP 143 TCP/IP, ACCON-S5-LAN
- AS511 via ACCON-COM-Cable, ACCON-COM-Cable USB, ACCON-COM-Cable IE, ACCON-S5-LAN
- RK512 via serial interface
- 3964 and 3964R via serial interface
ACCON-AGLink is also independent from the used operating system. You want to write your application independently from the operating system? Then, you have chosen the right communication library with ACCON-AGLink. The change from a standard desktop application to a WinCE panel application often needs only a new compiling for the target system. ACCON-AGLink is available for the following operating systems:
- Windows XP, Server 2008R2, 7, 8.1, Server 2012R2
- Windows CE (ab Version 4)
Finally, ACCON-AGLink is independent from the used programming language as well: No matter if you have your personally preferred programming language or if you choose your programming language appropriately to the project requirements – ACCON-AGLink supports a variety of development environments. You are free to choose from the following list:
- Microsoft Visual C/C++, Microsoft Visual Basic, Microsoft C#, Microsoft VB.net
- Borland Delphi, C++ Builder
- Codegear Delphi, C++ Builder
- Embarcadero Delphi, Delphi Prism, C++ Builder
- All languages being able to use a Win32- respectively WinCE-DLL
- Gcc for Linux
Varied ranges of application
ACCON-AGLink includes sample programs for the majority of programming languages. But this was not enough for us. Therefore, we have developed the API-Guide (API = Application Programming Interface) for you. With this software, you can not only execute and test every single function of ACCON-AGLink directly and interactively, but also view the respective source code in C#, VB.net, C++, Delphi and Java. So, your entries will directly be translated in the program code. Then, you can immediately copy it and paste it in your development environment. There is no faster way to develop the communication section. ACCON-AGLink can even directly access to the symbols used in the PLC project. You want to select the operands from the symbols used in the PLC project in your application? You don’t want to keep »M 10.0« in mind but you prefer to use »rear door contact«? Very good, because thus a potential error source is eliminated.
With ACCON-AGLink, you can access to the symbolic data in the following programs:
Convincing and varied
As a feature, ACCON-AGLink offers the possibility to react to PLC telegrams in an event-driven way in order to not having to start steady scans. So, BRECEIVE, URECEIVE, the complete alert and confirmation handling as well as the operating status change-over messages are available with ACCON-AGLink. Or do you want the PLC to send you only cyclic defined values without having to ask every time? Even these functions have been implemented for you. Complex control systems with different network technologies are no more problem with ACCON-AGLink as well because they can easily use the S7-PLC’s routing connections (e. g. from Ethernet to PROFIBUS). And this is of course possible without needing to change any line of your program. Do you want to access to more than one PLC at the same time? The quantity structure of ACCON-AGLink leaves nothing to be desired: Up to 256 communication devices with up to 16 PLCs each should be enough for each case. Thereby, the devices can be different of course – even a parallel access to the most different controller generations is easily manageable.
- Supporting S7-200, S7-1200, S7-1500, S7-300, S7-400, S7-400H, LOGO! 0BA7, LOGO! 0BA8 and S5 PLCs
- Supporting routed, configured and redundant connections
- Communication via MPI, PROFIBUS, PPI, TCP/IP and RK512/3964(R)
- Integrated teleservice functionality
- Possibility to change the communication channel without changing the program
- Uniform software for all types of controllers and all supported operating systems
- Comprehensive functionality to write and read process data
- Comprehensive comfort functions
- Access to S7 symbol table
- Available for Windows, Windows CE, Linux, Solaris and OS9000
- Supporting all current programming languages via DLL or shared object
- Maintenance contract obtainable
You have the choice
The software ACCON-AGLink is available as single licence or as developer licence.
The ACCON-AGLink single licence always contains all available ACCON-AGLink modules. The single licence must be purchased for each PC on which ACCON-AGLink is used. You don’t need to look to the used communication hardware or controller; with the ACCON-AGLink single licence you always have the complete package.
Alternatively, you can purchase the developer licence. This can consist of any combination of the available ACCON-AGLink modules. Each developer needs his own ACCON-AGLink licence. Subject to our licence terms, the developer licence contains an unlimited number of runtime licences. Additionally, a maintenance contract is obtainable for the developer licence. This contains of the Software-Update-Service (SUS) and the Premium Support. Within the SUS, during the runtime of your maintenance contract, you gain all ACCON-AGLink updates immediately via e-mail. Thus, you are also up to date on firmware changes or new types of CPUs.